3.1 - Only players and team officials in good standing, currently registered with their respective governing body, and listed on a certified team roster, are eligible to participate in the Tournament.
3.2 - Teams may register and dress up to a maximum of twenty (20) players and up to four (4) team officials, including bench attendants, during the Tournament.
- 3.2.1 - A team may add up to three (3) guest players as replacement players prior to Tournament roster deadline, so long as the player is indicated in the online portal and gamesheets as a guest player, has an accompanying guest player form, has written permission from the team they were drawn from, and meets the criteria identified in 3.2.2, 3.2.3, 3.3 (or 3.3.1), 3.4, and 3.5.
- 3.2.2 - Guest players can only replace a registered player on a team and must not increase the team’s roster above their original number of registered players.
- 3.2.3 - Guest players must be from a lower level of competition and currently registered with the team’s respective governing body to be eligible to participate in the Tournament.
- 3.2.4 - Once the Tournament roster deadline has passed, teams cannot add a guest player. In exceptional circumstances, a team can request a special dispensation from the Tournament Committee to consider a guest player in the event of an injury or illness of a goalkeeper, so long as the criteria identified in 3.2.1 is met.
- 3.2.5 - Once a player has been replaced, the player cannot participate in the Tournament.
- 3.2.6 - At least one (1) team official or bench attendant must be the same gender as the players on the team. This team official or bench attendant must be on the team’s bench at all matches, remain with the team during the duration of the Tournament, and must have attained at least eighteen (18) years of age.
3.3 - At least 30 minutes prior to each Tournament match, each player and team official with teams participating in U13 to U17 categories must report to a Tournament carding station and present a valid player or team official card with photograph issued by their respective governing body.
- 3.3.1 - In those soccer jurisdictions where such player or team official cards are not available, players and team officials may present a valid government issued or school photo ID in place of the player or team official card. If the player or team official does not have valid government issued or school photo ID, a card displaying the photograph, name, and birth date of every player and/or team official can be presented by the team, provided it is approved by their respective governing body.
- 3.3.2 - Upon request, players and team officials must also present their player or team official card, valid government issued or school photo ID, and/or guest player form (if applicable) to the Tournament carding station, match officials, or Tournament Committee.
- 3.3.3 - For teams participating in U11 categories, a valid player or team official card with photograph issued by their respective governing body shall be required. In lieu of cards for U10 teams, a team official from each team must report to the Tournament carding station at least 30 minutes prior to each Tournament match and indicate players who are not participating in their upcoming match by crossing their name off of their corresponding gamesheet.
- 3.3.4 - The burden of proof of eligibility rests with team officials.
3.4 - No player shall be allowed to play for more than one team in the Tournament.
3.5 - Players, team officials, and bench attendants currently serving suspensions from previous Tournament competitions for Offensive, Insulting, or Abusive Language (‘OIAL’), Serious Foul Play (‘SFP’), Spitting (‘SPIT’), Violent Conduct (‘VC’), or Wilful Abandonment of a Match (‘WAM’) shall be ineligible to participate in the Tournament until their suspension has been served within Tournament competition.
3.6 - Team officials and bench attendants who are registered to more than one (1) team and are serving a suspension in the Tournament are ineligible to participate in the Tournament with any team until the suspension has been served with the team with which the offence occurred.
- 3.6.1 - If a suspended team official or bench attendant is the only team official or bench attendant of the same gender for a team they are registered with, the team can request a special dispensation from the Tournament Committee to add an additional team official or bench attendant to the gamesheet to meet criteria 3.2.6 for the duration of the suspension.