4.1 - The duration of play and size of match ball for INDOOR Tournament competitions shall be as follows:
- 4.1.1 - U11 teams play 8 v 8 with a size 4 ball and 2 x 25-minute halves, including a 3-minute break for halftime. Retreat line at third.
- 4.1.2 - U13 to U17 teams, including PDP teams, play 9 v 9 with a size 5 ball and 2 x 25-minute halves, including a 3-minute break for halftime. Offside at half.
4.2 - The duration of play and size of match ball for OUTDOOR Tournament competitions shall be as follows:
- 4.2.1 - U11 teams play 8 v 8 with a size 4 ball and 2 x 35-minute halves, including a 3-minute break for halftime.
- 4.2.2 - U13 to U17 teams play 11 v 11 with a size 5 ball and 2 x 40-minute halves, including a 3-minute break for halftime.
4.3 - The Tournament Committee reserves the right to shorten match durations for scheduling purposes and shall make every effort to play matches to their completion. However, match officials are instructed to terminate all matches organized in the round robin and non-medal placement stages of Tournament competition no less than three (3) minutes prior to the kick-off time of the next scheduled match.
- 4.3.1 - No allowance for injury time is allowed in any Tournament competition, unless in its sole discretion, the Tournament Committee determines that exceptional circumstances warrant the addition of injury time.
- 4.3.2 - Teams must be prepared to play at the scheduled kick-off time of the match and shall not receive any allowance for warm-up time.
4.4 - All matches organized in the round robin and non-medal placement stages of Tournament competition shall be played to regulation time only.
4.5 - All matches organized in the playoff and/or medal stages of Tournament competition shall be played to a decision. If at the end of regulation time, the score is drawn, penalty kicks, in accordance with the Laws of the Game and criteria 4.9 shall be used to determine a winner.
4.6 - Where a match has been abandoned due to power failure, inclement weather, or other exceptional circumstance, and more than fifty percent (50%) of the match has been played, the result at the time of abandonment shall be recorded as the final score.
- 4.6.1 - If the score is drawn and the match requires a result, the winner shall be determined by penalty kicks, in accordance with the Laws of the Game and criteria 4.9. The time, date, and location of penalty kicks shall be determined by the Tournament Committee, subject to field availability and the sanctioned dates of the competition.
- 4.6.2 - In the event that a result cannot be reached through penalty kicks, the Fair Play criteria identified in 5.3.1 shall be applied to determine a winner and shall include any point deductions incurred in the match prior to abandonment. Should both teams be drawn following Fair Play criteria, the result shall be determined by a coin toss facilitated by the Tournament Committee, with the home team assigned heads.
4.7 - Where a match has been abandoned due to power failure, inclement weather, or other exceptional circumstance, and less than fifty percent (50%) of the match has been played, the result of the match shall be recorded as a 0-0 draw.
- 4.7.1 - If the abandoned match requires a result, the criteria identified in 4.6.1 and 4.6.2 shall be followed.
4.8 - If a team fails to appear prior to ten (10) minutes elapsing beyond the scheduled kickoff time (‘Grace Period’), they shall be considered in forfeit of the match, receive a deduction of Fair Play points as identified in criteria 5.3.1, be subject to a disciplinary hearing with the Tournament Committee, and shall incur a 5-0 loss.
- 4.8.1 - The opposing team is not compelled to wait beyond the Grace Period and may utilize the field for their own use.
- 4.8.2 - No allowance shall be made to play a match following the Grace Period, even if the forfeiting team subsequently arrives.
4.9 - Fielding of an ineligible player shall result in an automatic 3-0 loss in all matches that the ineligible player participated in.
4.10 - There is no limit to the number of substitutions a team can make during a match. Substitutions can only be made during a stoppage of play, at the match official’s discretion, and must be made at the halfway line.
4.11 - With the exception of players dismissed from a match, all dressed players on a team, including goalkeepers, are eligible to participate in penalty kicks, regardless of whether they were on the field of play or the bench at full-time.
4.12 - A mercy rule of five (5) goals is applied in U11 categories during the Tournament. However, tiebreaking procedure shall factor in goal differential, goals for, and goals against, regardless of the score applied by the mercy rule.
4.13 - If in the opinion of the match official, a colour conflict exists between the jerseys of the teams participating in a match, the home team shall be required to change jerseys.
- 4.13.1 - It is the responsibility of the home team to carry alternate-coloured jerseys and/or numbered pinnies.
4.14 - The home team is responsible for providing match officials with two (2) FIFA-approved balls prior to each match.